Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Red Meat

This post turned into a bit of a rant so if you don't like those, please don't continue.

I voted for Bush and the Republicans because I had to. Did you really think that Kerry was the answer? Didn't think so. I will say Bush is doing a pretty good job in the war on terror all things considered. But look at all of the crap I have to put up with:

Porous Border - No one will do anything about it - not the governors of the states, not McCain or any of the other senators from the problem areas (are anyones senators more laughable than California's with Feinstein and Boxer?).
Unrestrained spending - No vetos yet of anything!!!
Social Security - No private accounts, no nothing.
Gay marriage - There are not enough votes to outlaw this via the Constitution so why waste the time?
Taxes - For gods sake lower the damn things.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

So, basically, I have a whole bunch of nothing to show for my Republican vote. This is why I have been throwing lots of protest votes to the Libertarians and the Constitution party. I know, there isn't much of a chance for these third parties in big elections, but what the hell?!!? I vote for these men and women in the GOP and as a reward I get higher taxes, bigger spending and shitloads of Mexicans coming in here illegally. What is the difference in voting Dem or Republican?

I am tired of so many laws governing my private life, what I do and where I go. They may legalize traffic stops here in Wisconsin this term to look for drunk drivers. Sure. Yet another privacy violation.


The Bill of Rights, Amendment 4:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
What part of that is not to be understood? You simply cannot pull everybody over and go through their stuff and interrogate them! Unbelievable that it has come to this point.

I hope my gut is right - that people will eventually get tired of spiraling property taxes, firearm restrictions on law abiding people, a sieve of a border down south and politicians on the take. Hopefully folks who are pissed off like me will be forced into the arms of a third party that will put forth true conservative values. The Republican Party is no longer conservative.

Hopefully those beautiful words written so long ago in the Declaration of Independence will ring true yet again:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created
equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

There was a revolt after the Carter presidential disaster and taxes were reined in - maybe there will be another "Reagan Revolution" - god knows we need it. Hey Republicans, I need some fucking red meat.

No comments: