Saturday, July 16, 2005

Biking in Southern Wisconsin


One of the advantages of living where I do is the quick access to many bike paths or, if I choose, rural roads. This photo was taken after riding my bike about 5 minutes from my house. This farm road is relatively flat and only goes for about 1.5 miles, making it perfect to practice my sprints. Best part is that there is virtually no traffic on it - only the occassional tractor. Following are a few more photos of the scenery out this way.

One thing I have always wondered is why some farms look great and some look like shit. I guess it is the same as houses - depends on the person. I am the type of person that if I had a structure falling down on the farm where I lived, I would pull it down and start again - or if I had a barn with hardly any paint on it, I would have it painted. But maybe some of the farmers are short on cash or just don't care. Just something I always wondered. I predict that all of these farms you see here will be gone in 5 years or less at the rate my city is growing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: