Saturday, March 05, 2005

Lileks

James Lileks is one of my favorite syndicated columnists. I think it is because of the satire - it's all about the satire. Anyone who knows me has said (for good or bad) that when I talk they can hardly tell at times if I am lying, joking, or making fun of someone or being totally serious. That, to me is the ultimate compliment. It annoys my wife. Ah, satire.

Anyway, Lileks has a site that I just discovered today, you can see it here. There are lots of his old columns there, and lots of neat scanned photos from old newspapers, comics and the like. I particularly like the ads. If you like Americana, this is definitely the place for you. By the way, if you like old radio, click on "Today's Bleat". It has a link to the Diner, where Lileks is trying to recreate some of the old days of radio. Definitely worth a visit if you have a spare 20 minutes. And what else are you going to do today anyway?

No comments: