Thursday, March 03, 2005

International Law My A@@

A while ago I wrote about how very tired I am about hearing leftists and others cite international law and how we should abide by it. Around that time there was a lecture featuring Scalia and I think it was Breyer debating both sides. In the decision a day or two ago that barred the government from executing 16 and 17 year olds, Kennedy wrote the majority opinion and cited - international laws!!! Well, Iowahawk has a great take on all this here.

By the way, I really don't like the decision on this case. I don't necessarily have sympathy with killers who happen to be 17, like Malvo, but I think it oversteps the role of the federal government. Actually, I like capital punishment less and less as I learn more about how rigged our legal system is and how prosecutors misuse and abuse their authority just to get a conviction. Life at hard labor sounds fine to me for convicted murderers. Exception: enemies of the state (federal) like bin Laden and Zarquawi - instant firing squad.

No comments: