Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I Am Definitely Getting Better At This / Morison Set Update

I have only been blogging for about 5 months now (I suppose that is an eternity in web years) but I have noticed a big change in the way I go about my business here on the Kunzeblog.

When I started, I usually read some other blogs, grabbed whatever topic everyone else seemed to be talking about and then start in on some reasearch on that topic. Now that I have readers (yes, I really do) I simply don't care what the other blogs have to say. I find that my blog is, well, more entertaining than the others (after all, it is mine).

I think that it is funny and interesting to see how I have moved forward in my thinking and writing. I guess that is another step up after promising not to shoot the big fish in the barrel like Krugman, Morris and the rest.

As far as the Morison set goes, I have finished Volumes one through eight now. I just read again about the terrible battle of Tarawa (Betio Island). That has to be one of the most brutal, unbelievable battles of all time. The Morison set is one of the most enjoyable things I have ever read. He was there, unlike most WW2 authors. The biggest selling point for me is that he is a good writer to boot.

No comments: