Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Customer - umm - Service?

I am going to Vegas for a few days next week and here is an e-mail I sent to the hotel, the Mirage:

From: Daniel xxx
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 02:26 PM
To: GUESTSERVICES-MCH
Subject: workout room

I will be staying at the Mirage soon on business. I have a workout regimen that I need to keep as I am in training for an event. On the website it looks like I have to pay $20/day to get into the Salon/Workout Facility. It this true? Thank you in advance for your time, Dan xxx, Madison, WI.

Their reply:
Thank you for contacting The Mirage, Mr. xxx. We are pleased to hear you will be joining us soon.
Non-Guests may use our Spa Mondays through Thursdays. We do not have package treatments. Our treatments are sold a la carte. Here is some more information on our Spa and Salon. The Mirage Spa offers the ultimate in personal attention featuring exercise facilities, sauna, steam-bath, whirlpool and massage. and a wide array of massage, aroma-therapy, and hydrotherapy treatments in a wide range of prices. Spa Hours are 6:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. daily. The Spa Fitness Center features state of the art Cybex weight and cardio equipment, as well as private fitness training sessions with certified fitness staff. The wet area consists of jacuzzis, herbal steam, sauna and complimentary juice bar. The facility fee is $20 per person per day and will be waived if you purchase a Spa treatment of $55 or higher. We are significantly limited by size restrictions in our Spa, which is extremely popular and in high demand. We have thousands of guests in-house on a daily basis, and it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to accommodate the number of people who would choose to use the Fitness Center and Spa if a nominal fee was not assessed. However, this fee is waived when a Spa treatment of $55 or higher is purchased. Detailed information regarding our Spa and Salon Operations is available on our website. For other questions you may have or to make an appointment, it is necessary to call the Spa and Salon Directly at 800-456-4564 ext. 7472.Appointments can be scheduled for both the Spa and Salon up to two weeks in advance, and due to the high volume of guests using these facilities, advance reservations are strongly recommended. Regretfully, it is not possible to make appointments online. Again, complete information about our Spa and Salon services, pricing and treatments is available on our website, www.mirage.com. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you and look forward to welcoming you toThe Mirage.Best Regards, xxx, Guest Services Coordinator (name deleted by me).

To Which I reply:
Dear xxx,
I am really not much of a "Papaya Paradise Body Facial" type of guy. Although the "peppermint exfoliating cream finish" sounds rather tasty (I once made a neat peppermint chocolate cake) I just am not into that sort of thing. All I want to do is ride the excercise bike in place. Anyway you can help me out? I mean I am paying big bucks for the room and plan on betting on a few sports games and maybe play some blackjack while I am there - can't I ride the excersice bike for less than $20 a pop? Thank you for your prompt reply and eloquent letter - hope to hear from you soon again. Thanks! Dan xxx.

No comments: