Thursday, March 03, 2005

Breathtakingly Bad Radio

Here in Madison the populus is so far to the left that we have not one, not two, but three radio stations that spew leftist dribble daily, not to mention NPR news in the morning and afternoon drives. I like to listen to what the moonbats are talking about, but never call. That would be a waste of time and be like "shooting fish in a barrel". Yesterday on the drive home I was listening to a brutal show on my drive home, where the host was trying to say how awful it was to have the ten commandments posted in public buildings as is being tested in the current Supreme Court cases.

Now, if you just don't like the ten commandments, that is fine with me. Unfortunately the host of this local radio show was trying to point out to folks that the founders didn't put the ten commandments in the Constitution because they didn't consult them or Christianity when they were writing the Constitution. He let one caller take a quote from Jefferson out of context (by the way, Jefferson was in Paris while the Constitution was being written) and then went on and on and on about his point.

It is at times like these that I am moved to take action - like email the host or whatever - but I have decided to simply quit that. Where do you begin with a person like this? You don't think that the founders used the principles of Christianity to write the Constitution? The Declaration of Independence? What? Huh? I simply turned it off, sighed, and enjoyed the silence for the rest of my drive home.

No comments: